Friday, August 24, 2012

New and old

So, I was growing a bit tired of the look of my blog. Gee, if I can't control the construction of my new house, maybe I can control the construction of AuntieK? Hmmm. I'm not entirely satisfied with the results, but I'll keep playing around. I know what I want to do and change, just haven't figured out how to do it yet.

It continues to be hot here. We've had the good fortune to spend part of the last two weekends at Donner Lake. A nice, cooler, escape! And only an hour away!

M's been back on house construction pretty solidly late this week, so photos and updates are forthcoming. I promise!

Tonight we get to hear one of my favorite singer/songwriters live. We're heading up to Grass Valley (about 30 minutes away) to have dinner and see Brandi Carlile. If you don't know her, you should. She's one of my very favorite singers and is an incredible performer, and it's exciting that she's playing so nearby. I owe a huge thank you to my late friend Jeff (I hate that phrase), who introduced me to Brandi. I always think of him when I hear her, and I like to think he'll be there with me tonight. Thank you Jeff--I miss our talks about music and movies and books--mostly I miss you. I always will.


No comments:

Post a Comment