Thursday, May 31, 2012

INSULATION DAY!

Yesterday was insulation day. And today it was finished. Yes, all the blocking, cleanup, and little electrical things were completed and the insulation crew is at the house today doing their magic. Wow, I guess we DID meet my end of May deadline! Wahoo!


It was a bit of a mad dash to get all the last bits of blocking, wiring, and cleanup done (thank goodness M's parents could help!).

That means that drywall is coming next. We thought it would be mid-week next week, but now they want to stop by tomorrow with some of the materials. Might they work this weekend?  WOWZA! I think I might be in love with the drywall guy and his quest to get started! There are more pre-drywall tasks to do before he starts, so I'm headed out again this evening to help. I never knew I'd enjoy cutting 2x4s to correct lengths. And my "boss" thinks I did a good job. Thank goodness!

Here are some drywall pix to tide you over until the sheetrock comes.

Blocking the stairwell ceiling. 










Scary stairwell ladder placement




















    

 

























Kitchen, partially complete. I thought it would be pink!

















Stairway ceiling, looking down. I cut those blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment