Friday, September 14, 2012

Behind the scenes (or why I'm gonna get in trouble for this)

A professional photographer, I am not. Heck, I'm not even a good photographer. But my little Cannon PowerShot, purchased on my trip from NJ to Cali 4+ years ago (when I started this blog!) is a good chronicler of progress at DG.

Mostly, I try to take photos that show the before, after, and sometimes in between. I hope I'm mostly successful in getting the point or the image across. I do try to frame them so that the focus is on what I'm trying to show, and not the spilling open took chest just to the left of the photo. If only to give the illusion that all is tidy. Well, not so much.

Three nights ago I was at DG after work, and while M was mocking up a dresser-as-vanity for me, I wandered around the house snapping photos. I want to remember what this construction phase was like.

So for something different, I thought I'd show you today what I normally try NOT to include in the photos. I may get in trouble for this. But it'll be a nice reminder of the semi-chaos once everything is buttoned up and we've moved in.

Master bedroom with tile staged for bathroom

Guest bedroom window seat in progress

Upstairs loft with Chair, Ladder and Chopsaw

More master bathroom tile staging in master bedroom




















































































Window, door and baseboard trim awaiting installation
Willie in the sawdust. Really, that's the best place to rest?

Looking out the garage door toward the front porch. ACK!

Partial view of accumulation on garage side of house

Garage workshop























































































































So there you have it. We have lots of projects started, and few completely finished. And while this used to drive me crazy, I now realize that this is the way M works best. Many times she gets started, then gets stuck, moves on to something else, and then realizes a perfect solution to the original issue. Her mind is amazing. I also now know that it all gets finished sooner or later.

I'll leave you with a preview of my weekend project: Laundry room floors! Can you guess what we're doing?




















Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment