Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Half day adventure

On Tuesday evening, M and I were at DG looking at the vanities we bought during the summer. I've alluded to them before, and I know I haven't shown them yet. Soon  . . .

So we were looking at several different options for modifications (making them high enough) and suddenly, I realized that if we'd bought a 3rd "dresser" (we're not sure exactly what they originally were) M could cut it apart and more easily modify the two that need the extra height.

So, we called the guy at the Antique Centre in Berkeley (his hours are sporadic) and confirmed that he would be there this afternoon, and I took a last minute half day off and we flew down to Berkeley (not literally, it's a 2 hour drive, but we were there before 3!). We got the third dresser (kind of sad to separate them--he originally had 6), plus a mate to some plates I bought there last time and some matching saucers.

We stopped in at Urban Ore, a (mostly) overpriced salvage shop in Berkeley,  visited another lighting store, had a quick dinner at Picante in North Berkeley, and made it home just about 9pm. It was a fun afternoon adventure!

I'll write more about the dresser/vanities soon, but each one was $50, and that third one will save M quite a bit of time, which is key. Thanksgiving* is only 10 weeks away, afterall, so time is of the essence!


*M promised me we would be in by Thanksgiving 2012. I am a bit dubious, but still hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment