Friday, November 2, 2012

Upcoming work day

So, footings are ready for concrete. M hoped to pour them Wednesday (when her Dad was available to help) but we got a fair amount of rain on Tuesday night, so it was too wet. Instead she's spent the the last couple days putting the finishing touches on our new "eclectic" fence and shoring up the old driveway gate so Willie can't escape the back yard.

Tomorrow, Saturday, is our new planned work day. I think both M's Mom and Dad are planning to come help. We'll rent a "pup" and hopefully need only one. It's exciting. When I was a kid my dad poured a lot of concrete, and though I doubt I'll get to press my hand print and scratch my name into these footings, it'll be fun to see the progress nevertheless.

Our decking is being delivered today. That's a big chunk of change. But it'll be nice to get it up (and it's not just a nice-to-have feature--since the slider drops off by about 4 feet, we have to have the deck and all it's stairs and railings complete before our CO/last inspection. Yesterday at lunchtime we took a drive to settle on what style of posts/railings we liked. SOOOoooo many decisions.

I took a photo last night of a framed footing, but it's totally boring. So I'll leave you with a pic of the house as it looked when we bought it:


















And I guess I need to take a recent pic, because I can't find any that show the today. This sort of cute, sad little cottage-y house sure has had a transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment