Monday, November 19, 2012

Where we'll cook the bird

Remember last week when I was so excited about the countertop decision (and payment)? Well, today the fellow came to measure the countertop "deck" and make the template for the actual quartz countertop. I haven't gotten the report from M yet about how it went, or how long he thinks the fabrication will take. I can't wait to find out!

We had a BIG DISCUSSION this weekend about when we actually think we'll need to move in. Those of you who know my work background won't be surprised to find out that I'd like to have a date. I'd like to see milestones. I'd like to have a written plan for crying out loud. But we're very different, M and I, and she's still hoping we can move in before Thanksgiving. Well, in all seriousness, she knows we can't but can't abandon that as a goal as it's helped her stay motivated. So we do not have a date, and I'm planning to cook one of the two Thanksgiving dinners we'll have (the second one will follow our first by about 4 hours and be at M's Brother and Sis-in-Law's house) at our current house. It's ok. We'll get there soon--we can both agree that we're DYING to move in!

So we don't have a plan, and we'll likely push out our appliance delivery (they were supposed to come on the rescheduled date of Friday after Thanksgiving. But since warranties (etc) start at delivery, there's no reason to rush them.) I'm DYING to see them in the space, but the smart thing to do is to wait and postpone them a bit longer. Sigh. It's ok though.

I promise a post soon about the following:

Vanities (there was some small progress on these this weekend!)
Kitchen cabinets
Sink selection

This week, with the decking 90% done on the outside, M and her dad have built the scaffolding on top of the deck and so she's back on finishing up siding. We believe all our neighbors are tired of seeing TYVEK in big bold blue letters (back of the house) so getting this done will be a nice accomplishment! More rain predicted this week, so some work will likely switch back to in the house. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment