Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New knitting group

Tonight I went to my first session of the local knitting group in my home town. It's every Tuesday from 6-9, at a nearby (to my Mom's) coffee shop. I talked my Sis (Thanks Linda!) into going with me, and it was great. A nice, friendly group of about 12 women. They were mostly pretty accomplished knitters (and one crocheter) but welcoming and friendly. It was a lot easier for me to walk in with my sister.

There's another group in a nearby town every first Wednesday of the month--it's tomorrow night, so I may not go this month, but a couple of the people at the Auburn group go to that one too, so I'll have at least someone I've met before.

I still miss my Thursday Down Cellar group (Hi everyone!) but it's nice to try a new group and meet some fellow knitters.

1 comment: